iann

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Chris in Leeds
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

iann

Post by Chris in Leeds »

Hi Iann, I think you have done a great job and just want to say THANK YOU for the time and effort you must have put in for us all on the forum :)
Chris
BCSS MEMBER SINCE 2000 (NATIONAL SHOW)
FORUM MEMBER SINCE JUNE 2006
Interested in - TURBINICARPUS (Always looking for plants I don't have)
TEPHROCACTUS AND RELATED SPECIES
http://www.leeds.bcss.org.uk/ http://www.zone3.bcss.org.uk/
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Re: iann

Post by Tina »

I agree well done Ian,text size is Ok now !.

although I haven't had to join anyone yet so might change my mind later .
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Cheers Iann

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.

Post by Guest »

Hi Tina,

I have joined one and it works fine. I amended one and I had to delete it and then create it again to get it to work, I have amended one since and all worked perfectly so the first one may have been a data glich during the transfer.

A massive well done to Ian on this as I know from experience that upgrades don't always go so well.
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Yep, it looks nice and familiar (and still green :) ) but has the same features as a lot of other forums, such a PM's and longer threads being split onto more than one page.

I have no idea what goes into these things, but well done and thanks Ian for the work put into the new forum. :D
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Is it better to have the longer threads broken into multiple pages? I'm undecided.
Cheshire, UK
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

I don't mind, but the dialup users might like it....
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Post by Chris43 »

I agree, Julie, and its easier to get to the last messages without lots of scrolling down on long threads.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi Iann

I like the multi page format.

Julie being as Iann won't blow his own trumpet, I will. Depending on the software, server configeration, database type etc setting up forums can be as easy as abc, but transfering an existing forum to a new database/software version, well let's say of the 8 forums I frequent with varying frequency this is the first that has done a software upgrade and not either been down for days or been full of bugsfor weeks. One Land Rover forum I go on is owned by one of the big publishers, they did a software upgrade just before christmas and they still haven't stopped images from disappearing amongst the many bugs they have had. So hats off to Iann for a smooth transition.

:)-D

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

If you collapse the thread all you see is the senders name and if theres a new message or not , so no need for long pages :D
Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.