Huernia rosea

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Trevor
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Huernia rosea

Post by Trevor »

Spent a couple of hours yesterday down at Rudolf Schulz's nursery. Even though he's winding things up for a May close there was still a lot of stuff there and I pretty much have to be dragged away from the place because I'm always finding little gems amongst the myriad of plants on his benches. Managed to get a number of interesting stapeliads, succulents and the main reason I went down was to get a few more of his Copiapoas. Ended up coming away with a dozen or so. He did me a deal for 8 Copiapoas, probably 8-10 year old plants, for $100, most with locality info. They're by no means show plants and a few are only variations of haseltonia, but I'm glad I got them - I doubt there'll be too many around one he shuts up shop.
Pretty sad really that he's finishing up - going to leave a big hole in the hobby down here, he grew so many things no one else does....

Anyway on a more upbeat note, here's a Huernia in flower I picked up down there. Tagged as Huernia rosea, but looks a little light compared to the pictures I've seen so far, so perhaps its not pure ??
[attachment 1699 IMG_4024a.jpg]
Attachments
7RAqUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNA+0AAAAAABAASAAAAAEAAgBIAAAAAQACOEJJTQQNAAAAAAAEAAAAeDhCSU0D8wAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAOEJJTQQKAAAAAAABAAA4QklNJxAAAAAAAAoAAQAAAAAAAAACOEJJTQP1AAAAAABIAC9mZgABAGxmZgAGAAAAAAABAC9mZgABAKGZmgAGAAAAAAABADIAAAA
7RAqUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNA+0AAAAAABAASAAAAAEAAgBIAAAAAQACOEJJTQQNAAAAAAAEAAAAeDhCSU0D8wAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAOEJJTQQKAAAAAAABAAA4QklNJxAAAAAAAAoAAQAAAAAAAAACOEJJTQP1AAAAAABIAC9mZgABAGxmZgAGAAAAAAABAC9mZgABAKGZmgAGAAAAAAABADIAAAA (58.63 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
Trevor
With a 'Downunder' collection of Cacti and Succulents in Melbourne, Australia.
FrancisJN
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Non-Member

Re: Huernia rosea

Post by FrancisJN »

Hi Trevor, looks amazing. I'm based in Adelaide (SA) not far from you. Any ideas where I can get some Stapeliads– am just starting to collect these. I've gotten a few from Paradisia nursery but can't seem to find much in Australia, perhaps this group is not as well collected/known here?

Cheers
Francis