FAO Brother P-Touch users: Which tape??

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Nick
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: EDINBURGH
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

FAO Brother P-Touch users: Which tape??

Post by Nick »

Having just bought a Brother P-Touch with my crimbo money so i can produce legible and non-fading (hopefully) labels for my plants, i need to decide which tape to use on my white plastic labels. Don`t want to spend a tenner on a white elephant tape cassette!
Super or normal adhesive / black on matt or shiny white or clear.
Primarily personal choice i know, but just wondering if anyone has some pearls of wisdom, or failing that a catalogue no. / cheap supplier.
Nick
Bill
Branch: None

Re: FAO Brother P-Touch users: Which tape??

Post by Bill »

Hi Nick

Cheapest tapes are from Ebay, if you catch them, failing that prices are about the same every where. I use black on white or black on clear and the TZ type. Which printer have you got?

These are quite a good price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 26-2601261

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.

Post by Guest »

Depends on which model you have. I use TZ laminated black on white 12mm ones they fit on standard labels. I also use them for the small 'T' usin a six point font for seed labels. They are permannet and so far in two years have not faded or come off the plasic labels. I use a p-Touch 9500PC printler which I have programmed my database application to write to directly.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Just remembered he got the 1950 at Christmas same as mine so it uses the TZ tapes.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Nick
BCSS Member
Branch: EDINBURGH
Role within the BCSS: Branch Secretary

Post by Nick »

Thanks guys - yes Bill - it is a 1950 - well remembered!! so TZ tapes.

I`ll try eBay

NIck