Echeveria

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Echeveria

Post by Phil Hocking »

Is this Echeveria trying to tell me something? Should I be starting to water it? Flowers are forming and also loads of adventitious roots. It is a neat little plant but I don't know what the species is. Any ideas? Flowers are orange and yellow as far as I remember.

Somerset Phil
[attachment 1766 echeveria_1.jpg]
Attachments
4SEfRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA
4SEfRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA (84.88 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Echeveria

Post by Julie »

What little sweet rosettes. My biggest houseleek is also sprouting pups.. but no flower yet. I suspect it might be building up to a whopper and wants to leave little ones when it goes.

I think your plant is saying, "Give me soil!" ;)
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Theres three in the bed and the little one said im outta here (:P)
Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

"I want my own soil, I'm sick of being in my parents' soil!"

or:

"This soil is boring, let's try the squarey mat..."

*idea!* Let's have a caption competition thread with plant pics. :D

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member

Post by Phil Hocking »

That's my cutting mat. I wonder if it has realised that
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Let's hope Roy doesn't see this pic. The plant will suck up all it's roots and go back in the pot. :)

Colin Walker

Post by Colin Walker »

Hi Phil,

You're very cruel and heartless to that poor Echeveria. Bet your cacti receive much more TLC.
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

I have something very similar labelled E. prolifera. Not mentioned in Jacobsen but picture at though that one's had water more recently. From memory though the flower on mine is mainly yellow, not much orange
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Hehe, Phil, if I didn't know you better, I'd whine "prejudice against non-cacti" ! ;)

Phil Hocking
BCSS Member

Post by Phil Hocking »

OK Julie, here's one of them potted up and loving it. There will be two flower spikes on it soon.

Somerset Phil
[attachment 1992 echeveria_3a.jpg]
Attachments
xRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA
xRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA (72.92 KiB) Viewed 2001 times