BCSS Internet Presence

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

BCSS Internet Presence

Post by Bill »

Right I am willing to act as a gatherer for all your thoughts on the forum and the website. I realise I may be pre-empting developments within the Society, but hey I like to get my foot in the door first. ;)

What do you like/dislike, what do want you to change and why, you might be happy with the status quo then say so.

This is not a discussion thread as such, initially I am just looking for what you as individuals think. This can then be then compiled into a wish list which we can discuss and hopeful find a consensus that can be put to the Society.

I appreciate that some people are a bit shy in expressing themselves in public so feel free to e-mail me or you can go to http://www.yffor.org.uk/index.php and the BCSS forum allows anonymous posting.

If we are to approach Tony Mace and BCSS about possible changes to the Society?s web presence, then there has to be properly thought out case for it, it has to be practical, sustainable and affordable. If you know of examples of what you feel are excellence for the type of presence the BCSS should have on the internet then lets see them.

If you have any IT skills that the society could make use of and you are willing to help if the situation arose then please say so.

This is our Society and particularly this is our little (but growing) community within it and this could be your opportunity to influence it in a small way and help create something to be proud of.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
CactusChris
BCSS Member

Re: BCSS Internet Presence

Post by CactusChris »

Hi Bill,
Is this in addition to the other thread BCSS and the Internet or have you already included those.
btw I got a critical error on your link.

If anyone is fiddling with the forum text please ask them to spell address correcly - not important - but better fixed.

Best regards

Chris
BCSS Mid-Cheshire Branch, England - All photos copyright of C.Hynes
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Good catch Chriss (:D
Cheshire, UK
CactusChris
BCSS Member

Post by CactusChris »

Thanks Ian,
hows the snow doing - were just getting some more here. When we had -6 the power went off to the greenhouses - they were at -2 for a bit - I expect they will all be ok though.

Chris
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Link mended,(I hope) not sure why that particular one only worked for me at home odd ?:

You can either repost here or I'll collect peoples thought from the other thread and pull them together.

Off out tonight so may not look in until very late taking my little girl to her first rock concert. :D

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
CactusChris
BCSS Member

Post by CactusChris »

Thanks Bill, working and post accepted. ;-))

Chris