Corryocactus  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Corryocactus

Post by Guest »

I can't recall ever seeing a article on these. Anybody else grow them? I have brachypetalus which has rather attractive orange flowers.

Mike.
Colin Walker
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Corryocactus  Solved

Post by Colin Walker »

[size=medium]Hi Mike,

I've grown one species, C. ayopayanus from the ISI (ISI 89-3), for 17 years. When I've repotted it it sends out quite fast growing stems but I've never got it to flower. Having said that, the flowers aren't apparently a lot to write home about. Not sure why I'm persevering here!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University

Re: Corryocactus

Post by Guest »

Colin, it's like so many of our plants - we always think that we are going to beat them and hold on to them for far too long. Every year I sort of stock take, look at the collection and think "do I really love you?" And if I don't - they go and make room for something else.

Mike.