Signs of Spring

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
David_L
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Signs of Spring

Post by David_L »

OK It's not cacti or succulents, but I couldn't resist this sure sign that Spring is on it's way. Taken this morning on the way to the greenhouse to do a bit more repotting before it's time for the first watering. Incidentally it was 15[sup]o[/sup]C in the greenhouse with the vents open!
[attachment 2220 crocuses.jpg]
Attachments
2wCEABEMDAwNDBENDREZEA4QGR0WEREWHSIXFxcXFyIhGh0cHB0aISEmKCsoJiE0NDg4NDRBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhAQExUTFxQUFxYSFRIWHBYYGBYcKRwcHhwcKTUmISEhISY1LzIrKysyLzk5NTU
2wCEABEMDAwNDBENDREZEA4QGR0WEREWHSIXFxcXFyIhGh0cHB0aISEmKCsoJiE0NDg4NDRBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhAQExUTFxQUFxYSFRIWHBYYGBYcKRwcHhwcKTUmISEhISY1LzIrKysyLzk5NTU (99.51 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.

Re: Signs of Spring

Post by Guest »

Hi David,

You are a lot earlier than my place in sunny Derbyshire;)
phil
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by phil »

Hi David, Lovely (tu) a sign of what just around the corner.
Phil. (Kent, England) BCSS Herne Bay & District Branch.
Collecting Cacti-1961. Forum member-September 2004.
Favourites= Mexican miniatures.
http://www.cactusplant.co.uk
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Looks a lot like my garden, only I'm still mostly yellow with blue just coming through :)

My new (old!) greenhouse has been getting a lot warmer than 15C, closer to 30C, but it is nearly empty and I imagine it lacks thermal mass. It cools down again very fast once the sun departs!
Cheshire, UK
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by Vic »

Very colourful Davd a nice hint of spring!!
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Julie »

Lovely pic, David.

We had our first crocus flower this morning. So far it remains untrampled by the pigeons. :)
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
David_L
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by David_L »

Hi Julie

You can see evidence of pigeon trampling in my picture if you look carefully on the left! The tree the crocuses are under is one I hang feeders on.
David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Julie »

Aaah yes!

Same for us... crocuses under the feeding station. We usually like the pigeons clearing up what the doves kick out. Our lawn has more cotyledons than blades. :)
Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Gorgeous! A nice bit of colour for the time of year!
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

MIne has more dog bones & a few squashed crocuses definitely not a pretty sight;)
[attachment 2227 ALi1.jpg]
Attachments
4RKJRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4RKJRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (78.28 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.