BCSS Forum Seed Pool

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
seanmackie
Registered Guest
Branch: CHESTER & District

Re: BCSS Forum Seed Pool

Postby seanmackie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:58 am

That's great to know Keith. I shall look forward to receiving that. Hard bit will be deciding which seeds I want!
habanerocat
BCSS Member
Branch: DUBLIN
Role within the BCSS: Member

Postby habanerocat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:00 pm

seanmackie wrote:That's great to know Keith. I shall look forward to receiving that. Hard bit will be deciding which seeds I want!

If your new to the hobby start with cacti like Rebutia and Mammillaria. They are relatively easy to grow and will flower within a few years.
seanmackie
Registered Guest

Postby seanmackie » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:02 pm

habanerocat wrote:
seanmackie wrote:That's great to know Keith. I shall look forward to receiving that. Hard bit will be deciding which seeds I want!

If your new to the hobby start with cacti like Rebutia and Mammillaria. They are relatively easy to grow and will flower within a few years.

Hi,

I've got quite a big collection as it is. 100+, not sure of most of the species though, so would like to give growing from seed ago, so I can keep track of what species i have.
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA

Postby Cactusgirl » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi, I'm new to the BCSS and to seed growing but would appreciate having some of the seeds contributed by members if possible please? Who knows in a couple years time I may be contributing some seeds back!!

Thanks

Debbie :lol:
seanmackie
Registered Guest

Postby seanmackie » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:09 am

Hi,

My seeds arrived today (a lot quicker than I expected) more than half of what I ordered was sold out (including my subs) so I'm now left with a big credit note.

Does the list get regularly updated throughout the year, or will I have to wait till next year to use my credit note? If it gets updated I assume we will get sent a new seed distribution list?

Cheers
Al Laius
BCSS Journal Editor
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Journal Editor

Postby Al Laius » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Cactusgirl wrote:Hi, I'm new to the BCSS and to seed growing but would appreciate having some of the seeds contributed by members if possible please? Who knows in a couple years time I may be contributing some seeds back!!

Thanks

Debbie :lol:

Hi Debbie

In order to use the Forum Seed Pool you need to look at the first post in order to see what seeds are on offer and then follow the ordering instructions there.
Al Laius
BCSS Journal Editor
Branch: SOUTH WALES
Role within the BCSS: Journal Editor

Postby Al Laius » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:00 am

seanmackie wrote:Hi,

My seeds arrived today (a lot quicker than I expected) more than half of what I ordered was sold out (including my subs) so I'm now left with a big credit note.

Does the list get regularly updated throughout the year, or will I have to wait till next year to use my credit note? If it gets updated I assume we will get sent a new seed distribution list?

Cheers

It seems as you have got the BCSS annual seed distribution mixed up with the Forum Seed Pool.
The seed distribution is issued just once a year with the December journal and the sooner you order the more chance that you will get everything you wanted and not have such a large credit note.

Seeds on the Forum Seed Pool are a separate thing and are free of charge so see the first posting here for details on how to apply.

Good luck with the sowing
seanmackie
Registered Guest

Postby seanmackie » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:51 am

Al Laius wrote:
seanmackie wrote:Hi,

Cheers

It seems as you have got the BCSS annual seed distribution mixed up with the Forum Seed Pool.
The seed distribution is issued just once a year with the December journal and the sooner you order the more chance that you will get everything you wanted and not have such a large credit note.

Seeds on the Forum Seed Pool are a separate thing and are free of charge so see the first posting here for details on how to apply.

Good luck with the sowing

So I have :oops:

Thanks for the clarification.

Cheers
Chris43
BCSS Member

Postby Chris43 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:30 am

After a bit of a flurry of requests, I have now managed to get the stock counted and the list updated. What you now see is exactly what I have available.

There isn't a huge amount left now, so please can members consider making a donation of seed for others to use.

I must apologise for the delays over the last month or so, caused in part because of a house move, and partly because I hadn't realised that I had clearly omitted to update the list after some orders in the autumn last year.
Last edited by Chris43 on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Owner of a National Collection of the genus Mammillaria.
Chair of the Mammillaria Society.
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
Happy for other Forum members to drop by - pm first.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Cactusgirl
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA

Postby Cactusgirl » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:52 pm

A big thank you Chris for sending me some of the seeds kindly donated. Can't wait for the weather to pick up so I can get them sown! Debbie

Return to “The Cactus & Succulent Plant Forum”