Ariocarpus departicus :(

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Trevor
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Ariocarpus departicus :(

Post by Trevor »

Note to self, even though it's pouring rain, check the greenhouse more often.
We've had some heavy rains this past week, and today I find that a tiny leak had created a pool on a shelf which in turns set off a little stream that ran along the edge of the shelf and like some kind of malicious sniper decided to take out my Ariocarpus confusus below it. I've given it surgery, but I think the rot/water has got into the growing point, so it looks like a goner...GGRRRRR:curses:
[attachment 5335 IMG_5132a.jpg]
Attachments
7RTsUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNA+0AAAAAABAASAAAAAEAAgBIAAAAAQACOEJJTQQNAAAAAAAEAAAAeDhCSU0D8wAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAOEJJTQQKAAAAAAABAAA4QklNJxAAAAAAAAoAAQAAAAAAAAACOEJJTQP1AAAAAABIAC9mZgABAGxmZgAGAAAAAAABAC9mZgABAKGZmgAGAAAAAAABADIAAAA
7RTsUGhvdG9zaG9wIDMuMAA4QklNA+0AAAAAABAASAAAAAEAAgBIAAAAAQACOEJJTQQNAAAAAAAEAAAAeDhCSU0D8wAAAAAACAAAAAAAAAAAOEJJTQQKAAAAAAABAAA4QklNJxAAAAAAAAoAAQAAAAAAAAACOEJJTQP1AAAAAABIAC9mZgABAGxmZgAGAAAAAAABAC9mZgABAKGZmgAGAAAAAAABADIAAAA (58.78 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
Trevor
With a 'Downunder' collection of Cacti and Succulents in Melbourne, Australia.

Re: Ariocarpus departicus :(

Post by Guest »

Graft the tubucles you may get several plants.
jamesfe
Registered Guest

Post by jamesfe »

Trevor, some information from another forum I visit.

http://thegardenforums.org/viewtopic.ph ... 3a85243fc5
Diane
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Diane »

Do you have that much time, Trevor?
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!