Going for the record

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Going for the record

Post by Phil Hocking »

I'm a convert to the baggie method of seed raising. I have left a lot of them in the bags for what some would say is way too long, but the seedlings seem quite happy. Sometimes the compost dries out on the surface so I give them 10 ml of water with a syringe. I did that yesterday morning and this evening I have a freshly germinated seedling of Eriosyce napina ssp lembkei! It joins two reasonably sized plants and several middling ones. The original sowing was April 2006. Incidentally they are in a propagator with lighting and heating attached to timers so I'm not worried about watering at this time of year.

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.