Mexico blog of last trip

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
Devrim
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Mexico blog of last trip

Post by Devrim »

I enjoyed very much following your trip, you've seen some lovely plants and places there, encouraging me to visit there oneday, thanks.
Ross M
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Ross M »

Really interesting Paul - thanks. Great to see D. serratifolia in the wild. Nasty leaves!!!! And I never knew the Mammillarias grew on the forest floor - you learn something new everyday, as they say.
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

redsquirrel
Registered Guest
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by redsquirrel »

hi Paul,went to the bristol meet last night,a guy doing a talk of his tour during 2006.was made all the more interesting as some of the places were ones you had mentioned here, do you ever wish you could bring a container load back with you??
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

Shhh - don't want accusations of habitat stripping on here too...
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
redsquirrel
Registered Guest
Branch: BRISTOL

Post by redsquirrel »

oops ok (tu)
was good though.ive been reading both your travelogues again.certainly somewhere id consider going to if ever i got the chance
Roger Mann
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA

Post by Roger Mann »

As I said before Wow a stunning trip. Paul did you see many Echeverias and did you test any Tequila :lol:
.................................Roger
B.C.S.S Member 32963 Clacton on Sea Branch and Sedum Society .CSSA long time member also Alpine Garden Society. I collect Sedums and Opuntias large and small. I live in Essex and also go to Chelmsford branch meetings. :grin: :grin: Roger Mann.
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

Darren - it is worth making the effort.

Roger - echeverias - other than those pictured I only noticed E. nodulosa in a couple of spots but both times the pics didn't come out very well. I did intend to look for some more in the mountains west of Tlaxiaco but we ended up going on a different route and bypassing that spot. Interesting to see the epiphytic species, though. And tequila? Well, it would have been rude not to. You get a better class of tequila out there - aged over oak etc and not the firewater you generally see in this country. If you like it, one to look for is Don Julio Reposada. Hmmm....
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Hi Paul & W O W

I don't tend to check out many of the other extra's of the forum but I'm glad I did this is wonderful, those Cyathea princeps are amazing once you realise how large they are.
The agaves are amazing & make mine look like midgets, you certainly crammed a lot in to the trip, bet you needed a rest when you got home :wink: .
Really glad you posted this & I'll point Colin to it as he will appreciate the flora.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.