Home from ELK (Pictures included)

Habitat, nursery/collection and show tours.
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Home from ELK (Pictures included)

Post by Bill »

Well I get back to dear old North Wales at 22:15 not bad considering the we didn't leave [s]Calais[/s] Dunkirk 14:00 continental time. I now have to face dealing with the consequences of the trip 6 crates of plants::o

Had a great time and it was nice to see old and new faces. It realy is an enjoyable social event as well an an opportunity to purchase plants at reasonable prices or find hard to get ones.

If any of you are thinking of going next year and want to stay at the centre I wouldn't delay booking, Daphne Pritchard who deals with the British bookings was already taking deposits for next year this morning.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
saxocactus
Registered Guest

Re: Home from ELK

Post by saxocactus »

6 crates - how very restrained of you!!!!(:P)
Not quite so new to cacti now - greenhouse up and running - a cactoholic is born!! Visits welcome - just get in touch.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

[size=medium]Hi Bill

I emailed Daphne last week to ask about booking places but no reply yet.

WE ARE GOING NEXT YR:mex:[/size]
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Great news Tina, you'll enjoy it.

No variegates that were on your list, but I brought lovely tri-coloured agave (labeled Agave sp.) The Japanese guy did not bring any variegated Haworthias this year but has promised a load next year.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi Serena,

well I had to leave room for David's and Phil's plants :neer:

phil
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by phil »

Hi Bill, Pleased you arrived home safe and sound, looks like you'll be busy for some time with all those plants. I've now sorted through my purchases and repotted 50%. The remaining 50% needed a rinse off and are drying ready to repot in a day or so.
An excellent trip and great to meet up with several forum pals.
I'm already looking forward to next year and have just e-mailed 'Daphne Pritchard' to organise my deposit.
Phil. (Kent, England) BCSS Herne Bay & District Branch.
Collecting Cacti-1961. Forum member-September 2004.
Favourites= Mexican miniatures.
http://www.cactusplant.co.uk
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

I'm just bringing Baz next yr so I won't have to save any space for others , although I have mentioned to him that I want /need another greenhouse so have to work on him some more
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Chris in Leeds
BCSS Member

Post by Chris in Leeds »

Hi Bill
It was nice to see you again and I kept bumping into Vic and a few other people said hello sorry if I missed anyone but it was a long and busy weekend
[attachment 6812 elk.jpg]
Attachments
4Q7mRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAATAA8BAgAWAAAA8gAAABABAgAhAAAACAEAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAEZHAwABAAAAAAAAABJQBAABAAAAAQAAAGmHBAABAAAAMgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAAAAAAAAAOkAwABAAAAAAAAAASkBQABAAAAKgEAAAWkAwABAAA
4Q7mRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAATAA8BAgAWAAAA8gAAABABAgAhAAAACAEAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAEZHAwABAAAAAAAAABJQBAABAAAAAQAAAGmHBAABAAAAMgEAAAGkAwABAAAAAAAAAAKkAwABAAAAAAAAAAOkAwABAAAAAAAAAASkBQABAAAAKgEAAAWkAwABAAA (94.97 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
Chris
BCSS MEMBER SINCE 2000 (NATIONAL SHOW)
FORUM MEMBER SINCE JUNE 2006
Interested in - TURBINICARPUS (Always looking for plants I don't have)
TEPHROCACTUS AND RELATED SPECIES
http://www.leeds.bcss.org.uk/ http://www.zone3.bcss.org.uk/
David_L
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by David_L »

Thanks for the lift and the company Bill and Phil. I'm glad you got back safely Bill. Hope you've found a place for those 200 Astrophytums! I'll post a few of my pics of the event in a while, but meanwhile here's my very modest haul from the wonderful sales tables.
[attachment 6811 ELK_plants.jpg]
Attachments
2wCEABAMDAwNDBENDREYEA4QGB0VEREVHSEXFxcXFyEgGRwbGxwZICAmJyknJiAyMjY2MjJBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhAQEhQSFhMTFhYRFREWGxYXFxYbKBsbHRsbKDMlICAgICUzLTEpKSkxLTg4MzM
2wCEABAMDAwNDBENDREYEA4QGB0VEREVHSEXFxcXFyEgGRwbGxwZICAmJyknJiAyMjY2MjJBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhAQEhQSFhMTFhYRFREWGxYXFxYbKBsbHRsbKDMlICAgICUzLTEpKSkxLTg4MzM (98.43 KiB) Viewed 2202 times
David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
Bill

Post by Bill »

There wasn't 200 don't exaggerate. Only about 140 ::o 110 or so are in 2" pots and cost a whole 16p each.

Just having a break for dinner and it's back to finish potting up the conos, will post a pic of my haul later.