Havering Cactus Mart 2010

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HAVERING
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Havering Cactus Mart 2010

Post by Cactus Kid »

:woho:The Havering Cactus Mart will be held on Saturday 8th May at Dukes Halls, Maygreen crescent Hornchurch Essex RM11 1EJ. Open at 10a.m. this is always a major event in the cactophiles diary.

We currently have 13 Nurseries confirmed, and are waiting for a response from another one.

Definitely attending are:-

Connoisseurs Cacti (John Pilbeam)
David Neville
Edgintons
Eau Brink Cacti
Kent Cacti
Kilnwood Cacti (Doug Donaldson)
Philip White
Plantlife
Ralph Northcott
Richard and Shelia Drain
Roy Lee
Tony Irons
Toobees.

There will also be stands from the Mesemb Study group and the Haworthia Society.

Refreshments will be available all day.

Sadly this may well be the last time this event is run due to the rising cost of the hall hire and the falling number of nurseries.

So make sure not to miss out on the biggest event in Southern England!:woho:
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
Geoff Lovell
BCSS Member
Branch: CRAWLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Havering Cactus Mart 2010

Post by Geoff Lovell »

Looking forward already.
Founder member BCSS # 32426,
Growing Cacti and Succulents for over 40 years,
mixed collection but prefer succulents particularly caudiciforms.
David Robson
Registered Guest

Post by David Robson »

is it open the general public at 10 am, and is there plenty of places to park nearby, i would like to go if i can find the place. david
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member

Post by Cactus Kid »

David, yes it is open to all at 10.00am and there is no problem with parking. The halls have there own car park which is usually big enough and also street parking just outside.

If you Google the post code you can get a map of the area and directions on how to get there from your own postcode.(tu)
Joined Havering branch 2006, although have been growing on and off since the age of ten!
Have a large balanced collection of both cacti and succulents but enjoy growing cristate, monstrose and generally anything a bit weird!
David Robson
Registered Guest

Post by David Robson »

thank you cactus kid,have printed a map out, and i looking forward to the show, david
Roger Mann
BCSS Member
Branch: CLACTON-on-SEA

Post by Roger Mann »

Just to say that a Mini Bus of us from Clacton on Sea will be there......Roger.
B.C.S.S Member 32963 Clacton on Sea Branch and Sedum Society .CSSA long time member also Alpine Garden Society. I collect Sedums and Opuntias large and small. I live in Essex and also go to Chelmsford branch meetings. :grin: :grin: Roger Mann.
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member

Post by Cactus Kid »

:ban:Latest news. Bushukan Bonsai the RHS gold medal winning nursery will be attending and will be selling all manner of their exellent potting medias including Akadama, Kanuma, Kiru, Kyodama and hard and soft pumice as well as a few small trees!

There is also a possiblity of an exotic plant nursery, although this is not confirmed at this time.
dragonlil
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Post by dragonlil »

Woohoo.... clearing space and saving pennies already!
Cactophile since Childhood (infected by Mother.) 400+ collection of all sorts but currently into Asclepidaceae. As my Dad would put it, I like anything wierd and wonderful.
Cactus Kid
BCSS Member

Post by Cactus Kid »

Looking forward to a fantastic day next Saturday. I will be there from 7.30am until 3.00 pm and will be wearing my FORUM BADGE so there is no excuse for you not to introduce yourselves!

It would be great to have a chat with those of you I haven’t seen for some time and to meet up with new friends.

Hope all those attending have a very enjoyable day, find everything they want and don’t end up having to re mortgage the house to pay for it!

See you there :)-D
Geoff Lovell
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Geoff Lovell »

Is there an up to date list of nurseries attending?
Founder member BCSS # 32426,
Growing Cacti and Succulents for over 40 years,
mixed collection but prefer succulents particularly caudiciforms.