Manchester Branch Open Day

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Peter B
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Manchester Branch Open Day

Post by Peter B »

Hallo all,

If you are within easy reach of Manchester how would you like to visit 4 collections of Manchester Branch members?

Sunday June 13th 2010 is Manchester Branch Open Day starting at 12.30pm.

The 4 collections are as follows:
Brian Darnell's collection - a general collection of medium size which is well maintained and interesting.
Ivor Crook's collection - Ivor is interested particularly in South American genera and also has plants reflecting his visits to South Africa.
Harry Mak's collection - a must for all who are interested in Haworthias as it is an outstanding National Collection but he has other genera as well.
My collection - My plant interests are varied but I have a large Lithops collection for all who find them interesting. I have four greenhouses on a tiered garden site.

Refreshments will be available throughout the afternoon and there will be a sumptuous buffet at my house.

If you are interested and would like more information, maps etc please contact me by PM and these will be available. All visitors on previous occasions have had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in friendly company.

Peter B Manchester Branch
Peter B,
Manchester Branch Chairman
NCSS/BCSS member since late 1960's - strong interest in mesembs in general and Lithops in particular, Haworthias and enjoy growing all forms of cacti & succulents
Peter B
BCSS Member
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Re: Manchester Branch Open Day

Post by Peter B »

About twenty people had a very enjoyable day in good company, amongst excellent plants. Thanks go to all the hosts and in due course it should be possible to view the results if we can perduade Chris to put the photos on his site connected to manchestercactus.co.uk.

Peter B Manchester Branch
Peter B,
Manchester Branch Chairman
NCSS/BCSS member since late 1960's - strong interest in mesembs in general and Lithops in particular, Haworthias and enjoy growing all forms of cacti & succulents
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Dot »

Chris and I visited the Manchester Branch Open day on Sunday. Thanks to Peter, Brian, Harry and Ivor, we had a great day looking round greenhouses,- and gardens. At the end of the day, thanks to Peter's wife, we had a really superb buffet meal at Peter's house

Thank you Manchester Branch.

Dot.
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by Phil_SK »

Yes, a thank you from me, too. Although I could only attend the first two of the four I always love seeing what other people grow, and how - you come back with all sorts of ideas. (tu)
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Dot
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Dot »

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry we didn't get to have a chat, should have been wearing my Forum badge!

I always learn something from looking at other people's greenhouses and how they organise them,- though everyone always seems much tidier then me!

Dot.
Dot
Zone 3 Rep.