High Wycombe Branch Open Day - TOMORROW - Sunday 11th

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Chris43
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

High Wycombe Branch Open Day - TOMORROW - Sunday 11th

Post by Chris43 »

Just a last minute reminder that High Wycombe Branch of the BCSS is holding its Open Day tomorrow.

Three Greenhouses are open to all members and visitors:

From 9:30 to 12.00, Elizabeth van Trierum and Malcolm welcome visitors at 29 Furlong Road, Bourne End, Bucks SL8 5AE to see their large collection of Cacti and Succulents in 4 greenhouses. Parking is available on the road and nearby.

From 11.00 to 13:00, Chris and Maureen Davies welcome visitors at 10 Copperkins Grove, Amersham, Bucks HP6 5QD, to see a large collection of Cacti, including a newly awarded National Collection of Mammillaria. Parking is possible at the house, though limited, and on Copperkins Lane itself.

From 13:00 until late afternoon, Doug and Doreen Donaldson at 318 Main Road, Walters Ash, Bucks HP14 4TH, are hosting a BBQ at 2:30 privided by Costas Papasanasiou, and to see their mixed collection of cacti and succulents, as well as their Sales greenhouse. Parking is available on Main Road.

It looks like being a nice warm and sunny day, so we hope to see as many of you as possible.
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: High Wycombe Branch Open Day - TOMORROW - Sunday 11th

Post by Tony R »

Hi Chris, Elizabeth, Doug and partners,

Sorry I won't be able to make it this year - other commitments down here in Kent. I'm sure you'll have a great day and, based on previous visits to the Open Day, I'd recommend it to all Forum members within reach - you won't be disappointed!

Congrats too, Chris, on achieving National Collection status for your Mammillarias.

Please give my best regards to all, and I hope to see you all at my talk at HW Branch in September.

Cheers, Tony.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)