Spalding Cactus Mart 30th April

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Stuart
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL

Spalding Cactus Mart 30th April

Post by Stuart »

Hi,
Spalding Cactus Mart is on Saturday 30th April, I'll be there with nursery sales etc but if anyone on the Forum would like some free 5cm (2inch) round pots, I can bring them with me to Spalding. Any number up to about 200 is OK and I can probably find some trays to fit them. They're used but clean and although I use them for rooting cuttings etc, I've more than I can ever use. Just send me a message to let me know how many to bring.
Stuart - Plantlife
Stuart
BCSS Member
Branch: BRISTOL

Re: Spalding Cactus Mart 30th April

Post by Stuart »

Spalding Branch have updated their website with a list of nurseries attending, looks quite promising!!

Stuart
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tony R »

Any feedback on the Cactus Mart? It certainly looked promising judging by the attendee list. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend this year due to a speaking engagement at Woking branch on the same day.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

I saw the list of sellers and decided that this was an opportunity to see some different plants for sale. I think everyone on the list was there, certainly no empty tables. Unfortunately the limited space in my greenhouse restricted my purchases, didn't spend much time looking at the cacti as there were so many succulents that were of interest :grin: . I have to admit that I may have bought too many plants as I haven't been able to find them all homes yet (some are on the bowls holding my large crassulas) but there were a lot more plants i would have liked to have brought back if I had the room....

The only slight problem was that the Spalding flower parade was on the same day so quite a lot of traffic but no serious delay.