North West Mesemb Show

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Peter B
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

North West Mesemb Show

Post by Peter B »

Just two months away from this annual show. The year is flying past but the weather doesn't seem to notice. Oh well!

The show: Saturday October 10th 2015.
Venue: St Thomas More Church Hall, Kirkway, Alkrington, Middleton, Manchester. M24 1PP (usual venue) 3 mins from J20 M60.
Time: Open to visitors from 10.30am asnd finishes after the talk.
Cost: £3 entry fee which includes the talk.
Talk: By John Watmough - 'Mesembs in October' at 2pm.
Refreshments: Substantial refreshments available all day till 1.30pm at very reasonable prices.
Schedules available from Peter Bint. These will be sent to all previous competitors and to branches. If you want a schedule direct from me send a PM.

This is a popular show with the regulars. If you have never been before it is a splendid experience worthy of your time.

Peter B
Peter B,
Manchester Branch Chairman
NCSS/BCSS member since late 1960's - strong interest in mesembs in general and Lithops in particular, Haworthias and enjoy growing all forms of cacti & succulents
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: North West Mesemb Show

Post by Liz M »

Another good show, with a lot of very good entries. Plenty of plants for sale, I got some wonderful bargains and a very social occasion. John Watmough did his talk in his unique and amusing fashion and I think genuinely enjoyed his day.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.