North West Mesemb Show - stop the rumour

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Peter B
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

North West Mesemb Show - stop the rumour

Post by Peter B »

This is an official announcement to say that any rumours circulating announcing the cancellation of the North West Mesemb Show are completely wrong. The show is on Saturday 10th October as announced in this section. The reason for the mistaken rumour is the fact that the show had been advertised for two different dates in the MSG Bulletin by mistake. The two dates were October 10th - the correct one - and October 15th - completely wrong. When I realised the mistake I contacted Suzanne Mace. She apologised for the error but the only way she could correct it was to draw a line through the wrong date leaving the correct one to stand. Unfortunately the scored out date hits the eye more easily than what is left unscored. Somebody has seen the incorrect date scored out and assumed therefore that there will be no show. So the message I am giving is clear:
THE NORTH WEST MESEMB SHOW IS NOT CANCELLED AND GOES AHEAD AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED.

Peter B
Peter B,
Manchester Branch Chairman
NCSS/BCSS member since late 1960's - strong interest in mesembs in general and Lithops in particular, Haworthias and enjoy growing all forms of cacti & succulents