Croydon Branch Show

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
juster
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Croydon Branch Show

Post by juster »

Just a reminder that Croydon Branch Show is on Sat. June 11th at Sanderstead Methodist Church, CR2 9EF, open from 11am to 3.30pm. We usually get a good number of beautiful exhibits, plus nursery and branch plant sales and refreshments. Ample car parking at the hall, which is on the 403 bus route.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Croydon Branch Show

Post by Keith H »

Thanks for the reminder last years show was the first show I had attended for years, hope to see you all again this year.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
juster
BCSS Member

Post by juster »

Hi Keith, glad you can be there, I already have quite a few entries, so we should have a good display, Bill Darbon will be our judge. Please do ask for either me, Jean, or our Chairman, Dudley, we might be by the stage keeping track of the results. Bacon butties will be available, until the bacon runs out!
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Keith H »

Hi Jean, it was great to meet you on Saturday and mull over a few of the recent posts and happenings on the forum.
Please pass on my thanks to Dudley for his warm welcome meeting and greeting a new face at the show, perhaps with a little more encouragement he will dip a toe into the forum as we said it is a two way street, the Society feeds into the forum and the forum feeds member into the Society.
I hope to see you all at the Autumn show as I know very little about the Autumn / Winter growing succulents, I am sure there will be lots of new plants for me to see and perhaps purchase.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
juster
BCSS Member

Post by juster »

Hi Keith, Glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit, it was good to have a chat and I hope you found some nice plants to purchase; I will pass on your thanks to Dudley. Our Autumn Show is on 29th October, it is smaller, but about 25 classes, mesembs plus various other things, same building but the smaller hall at the back. We ask our judge, Tony Roberts this year, to lead a discussion about the plants and this is always very interesting.
It struck me that, if you are able, you might like to come to an occasional branch meeting, if the topic is of particular interest to you, just turn up if you feel like it. Details on our branch page.
Best regards, Jean