Cacti featured in Woman's Weekly March 14th

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
Leandra
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: KING'S LYNN

Cacti featured in Woman's Weekly March 14th

Post by Leandra »

I just thought I would mention that there is an article featuring cacti in the present issue of Woman's Weekly (March 14th) on the shelves now.

I spotted it whilst having a quick flick through the magazine but haven't read it as such; but it shows a few different varieties of cacti, which is good to see! :smile:

Leandra
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Cacti featured in Woman's Weekly March 14th

Post by rodsmith »

Thanks for the info, Leandra. Unsurprisingly, Woman's Weekly isn't one of my usual reads. I remember my mother used to buy it many years ago.
Last edited by rodsmith on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
RogerF
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by RogerF »

I'm sorry but whenever I hear the words "Woman's Weekly" the image of Victoria Wood singing "Let's do it" replaces all other thoughts.
Leandra
BCSS Member
Branch: KING'S LYNN

Post by Leandra »

Ha ha, it's most certainly not one of my regular reads either...and I mean that! I saw enough for a lifetime when my Mum was alive! :eek:

So it was just pure chance that I discovered it as I was simply thumbing through a few different magazines to get a general idea of what reading material people are buying from Tescos magazine shelves these days.

Leandra