Mesem Study Group event

Post details of any upcoming events, meets or newsworthy stories about our hobby.
RogerF
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Mesem Study Group event

Post by RogerF »

I've no idea why this event was not mentioned on here nor on the calendar of events but the biennial MSG show was held today at Banstead.
There were loads of wonderful plants on display, the sales tables were well stocked and reasonably priced and lots of friendly and helpful people made this a thoroughly enjoyable event - well done.
I'm puzzled how, as I'm not a member of the MSG (yet), I got to hear about this.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Mesem Study Group event

Post by juster »

I quite agree that this was a most enjoyable event and I came home with a number of new plants. A good venue with plenty of parking, good refreshments, good plant sales and the chance to chat to fellow enthusiasts. I'm not an MSG member either, but think I originally heard about it because my branch had a sales table.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Geri88
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Geri88 »

I envy you. I am a MSG member and would have LOVED to go, but the venue is difficult to access by public transport for those of us who don't drive/don't own a car. Somewhere reasonably near a train station would be much more convenient for many people.
All things small and not (too) spiny.
Aiko
BCSS Member

Post by Aiko »

Or reasonable at the other side of the north sea!
MikeDom
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER

Post by MikeDom »

As a member of the MSG I knew about this some time ago and made the 2 hour journey. I was well rewarded with Conophytum plants for sale starting at £1. Some debate ensued as someone pointed out to one of he sellers that they could get 10 times that for them on eBay. Left over seeds from the MSG Seed Distribution (including previous years) for sale and some choice lithops in there, I've now got next year's seeds sorted and spent this morning sowing the winter growers. A little bit busy getting round the show tables at times with some stunning plants, but overall a very pleasant experience.
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Geri88
BCSS Member

Post by Geri88 »

Aiko wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:00 pm Or reasonable at the other side of the north sea!
You already have ELK, you can't have everything!
All things small and not (too) spiny.