Hello!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
rca
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello!

Post by rca »

Hey Everybody,

I've been keeping cacti and the odd succulent for about 4 years and have ammassed quite a collection (so easy to get carried away!) I don't know that much of the theory behind growing cacti - so if anyone could mention a good book/journal/website for starting on I would appreciate it :razz: I'm a first year horticulture student and I am starting to get to grips with the science so would like to grow my knowledge on cacti too.

My main interests are in the small opuntias and mammillaria - but I can't actually pronounce that last one!

Nice to meet you all,
Rca
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello!

Post by Tony R »

Welcome to the Forum! You have good taste, two of my favourite genera too (see my signature panel :wink: ).
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Paul D
BCSS Trustee
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Paul D »

Welcome rca :)
Paul in North-east Scotland (Grampian Branch BCSS)
National Collection Rebutia, Aylostera & Weingartia (inc. Sulcorebutia). Also growing a mixture including Ferocactus, Gymnocalycium, Lobivia, Mammillaria, Lithops, Gasteria, Haworthia.
http://www.rebutia.org.uk
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum rca, I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here. Most of us know how easy it is to acquire many plants! I wonder if you have seen the BCSS cultivation leaflets, as shown on the home page? these might be a good starting point for you.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias