rejoined

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
tal
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SCUNTHORPE

rejoined

Post by tal »

Hi all,have returned to the fold after many years.I keep Echinopsis hybrids.lithops,Lowland Nepenthes,and my main interest Asclepiads.Have 60 Echinopsis hybrids+ about 400 seedlings(small grape size) about the same in Lithops,just received 26 ascleps from France.The trich/echinopsis seeds i planted in pure sand last October in my Nepenthes section(16 hour dayTemp min.80,humidity80+) and they are growing very fast they are so wet green aglae grows on the sand.Alot are LiskesPrachstuk/Cantora/Cleopatra x's so want to hurry them up.I read a series of posts re Edithcolea Grandis and my Nepenthes section seems ideal,so if anyone has a plant or cutting to sell am interested(tried all over the continent with no luck.) Keep my main 12 foot square leanto green house min 60 like to be comfortable!!!Got a new 8x6 nothing to put in it yet,its hard work finding the plants! RegardsTal
Dave_S
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: rejoined

Post by Dave_S »

:welb: Tal........good to see another EH & TH hybrid fan :wink:

best wishes

Dave
Lithops cultivars and Conophytums...Admin for Lithops U.K. on Facebook
A member of the MSG and the Echinopsis Hybrid Swap Circle (find us on Facebook)

AVATAR: Lithops verruculosa 'Rose of Texas'
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

What Dave said , (tu)
Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
tal
Registered Guest

Post by tal »

Thanks Guy,Their breathtaking flowers was one of the reasons i started again,though the begining wasn't very good,a dealer in Germany did me for nearly £400 for ech/tri hybrids,and one in France for £50 for Nepenthes.They kept blaming the cold,and when eventualy i contacted Paypal they said its past 45 days,so tough.So a salutary lesson if it looks like its going past 45 days,be careful.Tal
Diane
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Diane »

Hi Tal, :welb: to the cactus fold!
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Dave_S
BCSS Member

Post by Dave_S »

Tal, I can probably guess who the breeder was in Germany (mentioning no names) as he also stung me for about £50 GBP last Christmas (a small amount compared to you though), also many more people on another forum are still waiting for deliveries from him :evil:

Dave
Lithops cultivars and Conophytums...Admin for Lithops U.K. on Facebook
A member of the MSG and the Echinopsis Hybrid Swap Circle (find us on Facebook)

AVATAR: Lithops verruculosa 'Rose of Texas'
AnTTun
BCSS Member

Post by AnTTun »

Wb tal. Really sorry to hear about your bad experience. Maybe there should be some place at forum to let others know of such 'dealers' so they don't get burned wallets too.
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Pete A
Branch: READING & BASINGSTOKE
Role within the BCSS: Committee member

Post by Pete A »

tal, I'm assuming you paid paypal by credit card. In which case you should do a claim against the card issuer as they are equally liable for purchases over £100.

If you paid by a VISA Debit card then I believe VISA impose similar rules on every card issuer. if it's a different debit card then you may be out of luck. Worth investigating anyway for that amount of money.
Zone 8 Representative (Birmingham, High Wycombe, Kingston-on-Thames, Oxford, Reading & Basingstoke, Woking).
tal
Registered Guest

Post by tal »

Hi Pete,My wife has just reminded me we paid by bank transfer for the cacti,the Nepenthes by pay pal.("must be old age").Our bank told my wife as we had "given permission" we had no redress.E-bay told us about the 45 day rule also paypal as regards the Nepenthes so will look into that.Sorry about that ,but i buy most of my stuff abroad because sadly thats where it is,some take paypal,others only card or bank transfer,i dont know what it is about this country,climaticaly we are no different too Germany.I bought alot of Rhododendrons last year, and as i didnt want varieties that the Romans used to plant i got all of them from German nurseries!!I briefly corresponded with a German ech/tr.hybrid fan who said he had been done the same,it was also aired on a German website kakteenforum.de,he's not predjudice he does everybody.I've still got all his e-mails on my computer!!Now i am "building up again" i've got parcels coming from all over,some weeks i can't go out waiting for to be "signed for" stuff.I'd much sooner buy as many as i can from one source like the ascleps from Audissou (though still got along way to go).Last time i got alot from ,i think Mesa Gardens.So its abroad again.Now for an order to kakteen plapp, and to try to find the nursery again that had two varieties Edithcolea Grandis ,(didn't put it into the little book my wife trys to hide)oh and order pilbeams stapeliad book,i,m like a kid in a sweet shop,love the anticipation,once that goes then that bloke with the scythe can fetch me.thanks for the interest .Tal
tal
Registered Guest

Post by tal »

Hi Dave,And you would be right,after bragging about a skiing holiday,and building a greenhouse you could see from space!!he said i would get 120 Mex Bex and tri.hybrids all flowering size,and if i let him pick them an even better deal.I think naming and shaming dealers like him should apply to all EU forums,so we could all help each other.Having said that most people are honest,and a lot have adopted the American idea, and send bonus plants /cuttings which i find realy great.Regards Tal