rejoined

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Phil_SK
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: rejoined

Post by Phil_SK »

Hi Tal,
I can well understand the allure of those BEX hybrids. It's a shame that they are in the shadow of the Schick hybrids here in the UK there are many that are their equal or better.

Are you familiar with the Echinopsis Swap Circle? I'm not a member but others are and recommend it.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by AnTTun »

I'm aware this is wrong place, but I hope admins/mods will move this post elsewhere if needed. Maybe (powerful :) )forum members should consider opening thread.. 'White list - black list' or something, where members could write about their good and bad experiences with suppliers and 'suppliers'. I don't think it would be advertising, some people deserve to be mentioned, and some people we should be warned about.
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Sylvia
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Sylvia »

Hi Tal and Dave:
I too had the same experience last Christmas as Dave with the German dealer, I never received my parcel although he e-mailed me twice to say he was sending it and gave sundry excuses for my now receiving it. I managed to get my money refunded from Paypal about £53, just before the deadline imposed was up so I was lucky. Accordingly to friends of mine in Germany this particular guy has been banned from their club as he had been promising plants and taking cash and not supplying them.
Sylvia in Somerset growing cacti and succulents since 1977
tal
Registered Guest
Branch: SCUNTHORPE

Post by tal »

Hi Phil.agree about the mex/bex hybrids its the multicolors i like,big blousy and in your face,I bid for one and got it on german ebay recently alot like cleopatra (g18) huge flower can,t wait to marry it with something!! got about 70 seedlings cleopatra x flying saucer coming along,they should be awesome.Would like to join the swap circle when i have something to swap.regards Tal
Sylvia
BCSS Member

Post by Sylvia »

Hi Tal:
You don't need necessarily to have something to swap to join the Echinopsis Swap Circle most of us are quite happy with just the postage.
tal
Registered Guest
Branch: SCUNTHORPE

Post by tal »

Hi Sylvia,not sure what you mean,i assumed it was like i have such and such, and am looking for this and that ,obviously as you get to know one another personaly it changes.Do you swap cuttings,are they just named hybrids?To me a name is secondary to colour,i just bought 15 flowering sized unamed ones from Germany ,and the first to flower is gorgeous,a glowing pink and orange mix.I love the flower shape and colours on Tricho's,there's been alot on German ebay recently,all in, you could easily spend £45 on three plants.I've a dozen two half to three inch seedlings of Giglo x Imperia that i hope will flower before i peg it,the flowers of the parents are exactly like i like them.Regards Tal
Dave_S
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Dave_S »

Tal, Check your PM's ive dropped you a mail about the swap circle

Dave
Lithops cultivars and Conophytums...Admin for Lithops U.K. on Facebook
A member of the MSG and the Echinopsis Hybrid Swap Circle (find us on Facebook)

AVATAR: Lithops verruculosa 'Rose of Texas'
Sylvia
BCSS Member

Post by Sylvia »

Hi Tal:
I expect Dave has told you more about the Echinopsis Swap Circle, but just a little of the bakcground this was borne out Dr. Elizabeth Pendleton, Anne Adams and myself way back in 2005 contacting one another to exchange Schick offsets etc. It has now grown to around 60 members in the UK Germany, France, Belgium Holland etc., and we are all a friendly bunch. Contacting one another to say what offsets we have to offer or are seeking.