a milder hello from North Somerset

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
redsquirrel
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BROMLEY

Re: a milder hello from Nailsea

Post by redsquirrel »

relatively mild then Diane,compared to some places.
Deb would know more about your kind of agaves then me but yes,i do know they can be expensive.very attractive when small though,and they dont bite like bigger plants.Deb has just recieved a very nice hammertime from Steve Murnan in bristol.cracking little specimen (tu)
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

Hello Darren and Deb

Good to see Somerset representation is on the up. There are some good growers in the Bristol branch and obviously it's a better venue for you than Taunton, being that much closer. Several members of the Somerset branch make the annual pilgrimage to the Zone 9 Convention hosted by the Gloucester branch at Hardwicke Hall. This year it it to be held Sunday 17 April (see details in Cactus World). There are always plenty of plant sales, the speakers are good and the food laid on is superb.

Somerset Phil
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
redsquirrel
Registered Guest
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by redsquirrel »

thanks for the heads up on that one Phil. we intend to get to as many venues as possible.going to settle in and find out who's who first then you never know where we might turn up.
meets and events are one of the highlights of the season for Deb and myself. A regular place for us through other forums is akamba in solihull.
just out of interest,we are making Bristol our main branch but is it ok to pop along to others during the month if we are at a loose end?
regards, Darren