Just to say Hi

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
caretaker
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Just to say Hi

Post by caretaker »

I am totally new to growing succulents but willing to give it a go, I do like the stone looking plants and would love to grow them from seed.
I have a small greenhouse 6x4 , I have made 2 benches on each side but one bench I have a home made propagator with heating cable, I was hoping to use this to grow the seeds and plants in.
First I need to get some seeds but there is such a big choice I don't know were to begin.
Looks like I will be picking your brains.
A bit about me, retired yippy, bad health but getting better, married over 45 years, one dog that keeps me active.
Thanks for having me, Reg
TS Hakansson
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Just to say Hi

Post by TS Hakansson »

Very welcome Reg to this forum. From your post I gather that it is mesembs you are mostly interested in?That´s not my cup of, tea,but there are lots of others who have a keen interest in those things.I´m sure you´ll get well advised.
Growing mostly globular,smallgrowing cacti north of Stockholm
AllanA
BCSS Member
Branch: GRAMPIAN (N.E.Scotland)
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by AllanA »

Welcome to the forum Reg. You will soon fill a small greenhouse if you grow from seed. Good luck with the growing.
Remember if you grow Lithops from seed they need cool conditions at night.
Allan
Orkney
conophytums,Lithops,Sempervivum, Tylecodons, small cacti. and Haworthias
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

AllanA wrote: ...if you grow Lithops from seed they need cool conditions at night.
...or they won't germinate.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.