Hi there!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Eleanora
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: EXETER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hi there!

Post by Eleanora »

*peeks around corner slowly*

Hello there! Finally stopped lurking and gotten around to registering. Anyone got a suggestion where I might find out my BCSS number so I can join the usergroup? Can't find the pesky thing anywhere.

Anyway - I've had a bit of a thing for cacti and succulents from a young age, obsessively repotting and growing on offsets of an old cactus (that I really need to re-ID, actually) and an old haworthia, filling up lots of windowsill space and driving my parents mad. The original plants are much older now and still going strong, as are the offsets I still have in my collection.

About 6 or 7 years ago I was bought a few more cacti as a present, which kept the obsession ticking over until I moved somewhere with a bit more space and light. Despite still being limited by the availability of windowsill space, the size of the collection has snowballed a bit to over 100 cacti and a few assorted other succulents (just don't tell my other half how many there really are, ok? :wink: ).

I've now finally won the battle to have a small greenhouse and am just waiting for the weather here in "sunny Devon" to remember it is supposed to be summer and stop raining so I can get it built and start settling in some inhabitants - mostly Feros (I can't put my finger on a specific reason why, but I have a particular liking for this genus), some Stenos and a few Echinopsis hybrids with a couple of other assorted bits and bobs thrown in for variety.

Looking forward to seeing you all around the forum :)
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: Hi there!

Post by AnTTun »

There is a short way from windowsill to small greneehouse to big greenhouse to another greenhouse... :)

I'm not sure about BCSS number (I'm 'overseas member') but you should have gotten it some way when you've joined BCSS. I'm sure some UK based member will be of more help. If not, there is our friendly & helpful treasurer David_K.

Welcome aboard :)
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
Sylv
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Sylv »

Hi,you could call them on 01908 611650 and find out,I would think name and address should do.They are open 10am till 4pm.

Sylv.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum, Eleanora. Once you get it erected, your greenhouse will soon be full and bursting.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Eleanora
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER

Post by Eleanora »

Thanks for the welcome :D
AnTTun wrote:There is a short way from windowsill to small greneehouse to big greenhouse to another greenhouse... :)
I'd probably need to move house first otherwise my garden will be entirely greenhouse (not that I can see an issue there, but I am not convinced I will win that battle with the other half....), but I know exactly what you mean. :P

Thanks for the number Sylv, I'd been looking around for paperwork but it's obviously been put in a 'safe place' so I expect I would've had to resort to waiting for the next journal issue otherwise. Will give them a call when I get a chance.
IainS
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by IainS »

Hi Eleanora: Welcome to the forum. :smile:
"Avoidance doesn't work"