Hello from York via Bangkok, Scotland and Aylesbury.

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Bangkokian
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: YORK
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from York via Bangkok, Scotland and Aylesbury.

Post by Bangkokian »

Hello, Ian here. I was a member of the CSSofGB in the seventies and then lapsed as I moved south. I recently returned to the UK after many years in se Asia, mainly Thailand.
Now back in the UK and renewing my aquaintance with some of the species I used to be familiar with. My main interests are sedum, sempervivum, jovibarba, aloe and opuntia outside. In the greenhouse: haworthia, aloe, gasteria, echinocereus, mammillaria and epiphytic genera (I used to grow my own dragon fruit in Bangkok)
My 9 year old daughter is a member too and likes anything with pink flowers. We will get along to a branch meeting soon to meet some local members in York.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hello from York via Bangkok, Scotland and Aylesbury.

Post by juster »

Hi Ian, welcome to the Forum, you will find plenty to interest you here. It is great that your daughter is also interested, there are plenty of plants with pink flowers! I'm sure you will enjoy your branch meetings, we have some excellent speakers in the BCSS and it's always interesting to chat and share experience, hopefully cuttings also! Let us know how the outside plants get along.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias