Hello from Warwickshire

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
CactiGuy77
Registered Guest
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Apr 2016
Branch: None
Country: United Kingdom

Hello from Warwickshire

Postby CactiGuy77 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:34 am

Good morning all, I'm Phil I live in a nice sunny spot in south Warwickshire and have been collecting Cacti for a year or so. I currently have about 40 plants in my possession and have been growing from seed and doing a little bit of grafting on the side.

Here are a few of my plants just coming out of dormancy and looking forward to some fresh green (or blue) growth.

c7c856108d227fd982d3721438c17f91.jpg
6cc2c1c34c52eef366fe9aa5cf2e88bf.jpg
a8ff6c8874c9296b12768ff79f08cd56.jpg
63bebe89d535128bb6e2e79e1ca26c7a.jpg


Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Carl
BCSS Member
Posts: 714
Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Branch: ISLE OF WIGHT
Country: England
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby Carl » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Hi CactiGuy77 and welcome to the forum :welc:

We've recently upgraded the forum and so there's currently some teething issues still to be ironed out, one of which has affected your photo's not showing up properly (although if I copy the links into the URL bar they work fine) I have messaged Bill the forum guru to see if he can fix them for you :grin:

Your plants look very healthy and I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Carl Bullock (Isle of Wight Branch Treasurer, Webmaster)
[IW Branch Website|Branch Facebook Page|My Personal Facebook Page]
BCSS 50189
User avatar
Bill
BCSS Forum Administrator
Posts: 8304
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Branch: None
Country: Wales
Role within the BCSS: Trustee
Location: Pwllheli North Wales
Contact:

Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby Bill » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:58 pm

Fixed, not sure what the issue is will investigate and welcome.

Bill
_______________________________________________________________________________
BCSS Trustee / Haworthiad Editor

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.

If you are in North Wales visitors are welcome PM/E-mail first and bring CAKE.
Cactipod
Registered Guest
Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Apr 2016
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Country: United Kingdom
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby Cactipod » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Hello Cacti guy

Fantastic photos! The flower is beautiful in your first photo.

Ellie
There is always room for more cacti...
User avatar
Rayc11
BCSS Member
Posts: 40
Joined: 28 Jun 2015
Branch: COVENTRY
Country: United Kingdom
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer
Contact:

Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby Rayc11 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:29 am

Hello CactiGuy77 welcome to the forum - lovely pictures.
RayC - South Leicestershire
Membership no:- 20774
Coventry Branch:- |Branch website|
CactiGuy77
Registered Guest
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Apr 2016
Branch: None
Country: United Kingdom

Re: RE: Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby CactiGuy77 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Cactipod wrote:Hello Cacti guy

Fantastic photos! The flower is beautiful in your first photo.

Ellie

Thank you, it is my Favourite plant by far, I have spare seeds too if you would like a lophophora of your own
Rayc11 wrote:Hello CactiGuy77 welcome to the forum - lovely pictures.



Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
CactiGuy77
Registered Guest
Posts: 11
Joined: 10 Apr 2016
Branch: None
Country: United Kingdom

Re: RE: Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby CactiGuy77 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Carl wrote:Hi CactiGuy77 and welcome to the forum :welc:

We've recently upgraded the forum and so there's currently some teething issues still to be ironed out, one of which has affected your photo's not showing up properly (although if I copy the links into the URL bar they work fine) I have messaged Bill the forum guru to see if he can fix them for you :grin:

Your plants look very healthy and I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Thanks Carl [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Keith H
BCSS Member
Posts: 380
Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Branch: None
Country: uk
Role within the BCSS: Member
Location: South East London

Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby Keith H » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:50 am

Hi Phill, a belated welcome to the forum from not so sunny South London. As others have commented, you have taken some very nice photos od your plants, I am looking forward to seeing more pictures, we all like pictures here.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
Cactipod
Registered Guest
Posts: 43
Joined: 15 Apr 2016
Branch: NORTH DEVON
Country: United Kingdom
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: RE: Re: Hello from Warwickshire

Postby Cactipod » Tue May 03, 2016 8:30 pm

CactiGuy77 wrote:
Cactipod wrote:Hello Cacti guy

Fantastic photos! The flower is beautiful in your first photo.

Ellie

Thank you, it is my Favourite plant by far, I have spare seeds too if you would like a lophophora of your own
Rayc11 wrote:Hello CactiGuy77 welcome to the forum - lovely pictures.


Thank you for the offer, I recently managed to buy a lophophora at The Cactus Shop. It's beautiful, hopefully will look like your one eventually. Very kind offer though.
Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
There is always room for more cacti...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests