Hello from Greece :-)

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
kirstyb
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello from Greece :-)

Post by kirstyb »

Hello,

I'm so happy to be on this site, and i wonder why it's taken so long? I'm originally from the UK, but i've been living in Greece for a while.
I have a lot of Succulents, and quite a few Cacti. Unfortunately, a lot of them are unknown to me and i'd love some help with identification.
I joined an American site, which is great, but it's more Cacti orientated, and no-one seems to want to help me with my Succulents.

I've decided to 'join the club', and i look forward to learning from all of you.

From Kirsty
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Hello from Greece :-)

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum, Kirsty. There are a lot of knowledgeable succulent growers who regularly post here so I'm sure you could get to ID some of your plants. Don't put too many photos on at once though or it can get confusing :wink: . Up to about 5 or 6 at a time is probably enough and number the photos, it makes it easier to separate them in the replies.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the Forum, as Rod says, I'm sure you will get plenty of help here. Growing conditions in Greece must be very different from the UK, so I look forward to seeing photos of your plants.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
kenroy
Registered Guest

Post by kenroy »

How nice to live in Greece with reliable sunshine. Hope you find the help you need on the forum.
Roy, Lancaster, UK
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Keith H »

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the forum. We often do Greek Island summer holidays and always anoy the family by stopping to photograph cacti and succulents on window sills and those planted out as garden plants, such great conditions you have.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
kirstyb
Registered Guest

Post by kirstyb »

rodsmith wrote:Welcome to the forum, Kirsty. There are a lot of knowledgeable succulent growers who regularly post here so I'm sure you could get to ID some of your plants. Don't put too many photos on at once though or it can get confusing :wink: . Up to about 5 or 6 at a time is probably enough and number the photos, it makes it easier to separate them in the replies.

Thank you very much Rod.
kirstyb
Registered Guest

Post by kirstyb »

juster wrote:Hi Kirsty, welcome to the Forum, as Rod says, I'm sure you will get plenty of help here. Growing conditions in Greece must be very different from the UK, so I look forward to seeing photos of your plants.

Than you Juster, i have a few Echeverias I think). I look forward to posting pictures :-)
kirstyb
Registered Guest

Post by kirstyb »

kenroy wrote:How nice to live in Greece with reliable sunshine. Hope you find the help you need on the forum.
Thank you "kenroy".
kirstyb
Registered Guest

Post by kirstyb »

Keith H wrote:Hi Kirsty, welcome to the forum. We often do Greek Island summer holidays and always anoy the family by stopping to photograph cacti and succulents on window sills and those planted out as garden plants, such great conditions you have.

Hello Keith, thanks for the welcome. You know, i have lots and lots of spare plants that i'm willing to give away. I posted on another site that if they paid for postage and packing, i'd send them whatever they wanted, and i got no replies! Yes, conditions are good :-)
kirstyb
Registered Guest

Post by kirstyb »

I don't have a big collection, yet! But i'm getting there slowly. I don't know the names of a lot of them, but i'm hoping for some help here on the forum.

07-02-2016 011.jpg
07-02-2016 012.jpg
07-02-2016 007.jpg
07-02-2016 008.jpg
07-02-2016 009.jpg
07-02-2016 010.jpg