Hola from Andalucia!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
andalucia64
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hola from Andalucia!

Post by andalucia64 »

Hello to Everybody!

I have recently joined the BCCS and would like to introduce myself. I'm English but have lived in a small town just outside Granada, southern Spain, for 7 years. I have a very modest but expanding collection of around 170 cactus and other succulents, including many grown from seed. Among my cactus are Ferocactus, Stenocactus, Opuntia, Echinocactus, Lophophora, Astrophytum and others, while the other succulents include Stapelia, Echeveria, Huernia, Hoodia, Haworthia, Aloe, Aloinopsis, Cheiridopsis, Agave, etc. Because of the altitude and latitude the climate here varies from sub-zero and snow during winter to 40 degrees in July and August; I grow most of my plants on the terrace or on windowsills all year, bringing in the most tender ones in mid-winter and providing the others with shelter from rain under the terrace overhang.

I'm very keen to get in touch with other enthusiasts, especially in southern Spain. I'm also very interested to increase my knowledge of the botany and ecology of succulent plants in general and, of course, to obtain new plants and seeds, including more unusual species. Unfortunately, I.D. is not one of my strong points so I'd greatly appreciate any help with this too!

Looking forward to hearing from you, and happy growing!

Peter Ashby
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hola from Andalucia!

Post by juster »

Hello Peter and welcome to the Forum. You certainly have a good collection of plants and you will find plenty of help and encouragement from other members here. Enjoy your plants!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias