Just love plants!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
madpenguin
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: ISLE OF WIGHT
Role within the BCSS: Member

Just love plants!

Post by madpenguin »

I've already put up a couple of posts but thought I would now introduce myself!!
I love gardening but until a couple of years ago when I had a porch built I had nowhere to keep tender plants.Because I am not a very good waterer of plants I gradually came across succulents and all are doing really well.I do water and feed but I'm not always consistent and most don't seem to mind.
After an infestation of mealy bugs not long after I started I found that I was checking the plants everyday and found it all fascinating.I don't have that much space so have decided to concentrate on unusual forms,leaves,growth habits etc.The main garden is also being planted with more hardy succulents.Love sempervivums and sedums.
Also a member of the local Bonsai Society so I am now going to try my hand at succulents as bonsai
Cacti don't really do it for me but you never know! :smile:
“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.”
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Just love plants!

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum, Madpenguin. It sounds as though succulents are ideal for you and I'm sure your plants will do well in your porch. You live in a mild part of the country so there should be plenty that you can grow outside. Enjoy!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias