Hi from sunny Nottinghamshire!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
AndrewG
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hi from sunny Nottinghamshire!

Post by AndrewG »

HI,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Andy (or Andrew, either is fine), 22 and from Nottinghamshire - attending the Sheffield Branch when time and university permits. I have been growing cacti for around 4 years now after re-taking up the hobby during years out from university due to illness; having originally grown succulent plants when much younger where I would pick up a new one at the weekly garden centre visits with my Nan and Dad.

I try to get to as many events as I can and look forward to meeting people at the National! I tend to grow a bit of everything having not yet gathered the personal strength to focus myself towards a smaller number of things though I do have a soft spot for Haworthia, Aloes, Lithops and smaller Mammillaria.

I've posted a few pics to outline the extent of my problem/collection depending upon who is asking. Still quite a young collection but ever growing, that being both the plants and number! Credit also has to go to my Dad who diligently looks after the greenhouse for me during my time away, having taught him the requirements of the different genera and species.
Attachments
14021482_10206857055212456_5383687791531265362_n (1).jpg
13891894_10206857055452462_3218200633933341038_n.jpg
13010638_10206096790846322_2945792450378788620_n.jpg
13410850_10208092209918060_1999513793_o.jpg
A nice selection of flowers
A nice selection of flowers
Haworthia on my bedroom desk enjoying an east to south-east bay window
Haworthia on my bedroom desk enjoying an east to south-east bay window
One side of the benching... The other side has just been put up meaning I have no reason to control myself haha
One side of the benching... The other side has just been put up meaning I have no reason to control myself haha
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hi from not so sunny Nottinghamshire!

Post by juster »

Hi Andew and welcome to the Forum. You have a good collection there and I can see some lovely plants. I think most of us start by growing quite a variety, then decide what we prefer or can/can't grow. The important thing is to grow what you like and to enjoy your plants.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: Hi from sunny Nottinghamshire!

Post by Liz M »

Your collection gives you and your Dad great credit. It is very good to look at and obviously well cared for. Try not to get too many plants before you settle into some favourites, otherwise they are apt to suffer from neglect.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Sylv
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Sylv »

Hi Andrew and welcome to the forum.You have a lot of really nice plants there and as already said well cared for.Nice to see someone else from Nottinghamshire.

Sylv.
GregoryBulmer
BCSS Chairman
Role within the BCSS: Chairman

Post by GregoryBulmer »

Welcome to the forum,cracking plants Andy!
Greg
BCSS Chairman
Member since 2012
Cold hardy cacti and slow growers.