Hello to all

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Dejay
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello to all

Post by Dejay »

Hello everyone,

I have been interested in haworthia and cactus for a year or so and have a small collection of variegated varieties of haworthia which includes a cuspidata reverse variegated which I adore and guard continually.
I have looked after them as well as I can with my limited knowledge and experience but all are healthy and a number have pupped so hopefully Im doing at least something right.
I am really interested in growing an Aloe Polyphylla but regretfully I have had no success in germination although I have followed instructions to the letter.
I live in the U.K. in Essex so hopefully with some thought and planning I should be able to grow these in our climate?
I have decided to halt purchases of these seeds online going forward as I'm not even sure of what I am getting in the first place to be honest, subsequently I searched and found the bcss and joined in order to further my very limited knowledge and to reach out to members on here.
I wondered if any of the members know of any growers who would be willing to let me purchase some seeds as I would love to be able to grow these stunning plants.
Thank you in advance for any ideas or suggestions you may have and I look forward to being an active member.

Dejay.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hello to all

Post by juster »

Welcome to the Forum Dejay, I'm sure you will find plenty to interest you here and there are several other Haworthia enthusiasts. There is a Forum seed pool, so you might find something of interest there. Enjoy your plants.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Dejay
Branch: None

Re: Hello to all

Post by Dejay »

Hello Juster,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my initial post, much appreciated.
I'll certainly visit the seed pool as you said.
Many thanks.