Hello

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
IainG
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEICESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello

Post by IainG »

A brief hello from the Welland Valley on the Leics/Rutland border. We moved here some 18 months ago, following my wife’s early retirement, and this year has seen the erection of a new greenhouse - a rather lovely (if I say so myself) but small brick-based cedar one that sits snuggly in our cottage-style garden. It’s given us the chance to re-establish a succulent collection after a break of quite some years. We’ll never have the space for a large collection, so our focus is trying to grow some decent specimens of mainly South African plants, predominantly Haworthia and Euphorbias at present with space to propagate some oddities.

Iain
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Re: Hello

Post by Tony R »

Welcome IainG. Good to hear that you have a new greenhouse - it would be good to see a photograph. Good luck with your SA succulents - don't forget to make room for a few choice gasterias too :wink:
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
IainG
BCSS Member

Post by IainG »

Many thanks for the kind welcome. This is our small starter corner, mainly plants that we brought with us from around our previous house and conservatory, so nothing too special at present, and a few new additions (including two from the BCSS stand at Hyde Hall the other week), there's one Gasteria! A couple should probably be in smaller pots, but early days, getting the electricity installed is the next priority.
IMG_0968 (3).jpg
purzo
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by purzo »

Welcome Iain, looks like a nice cedar greenhouse (Woodpecker?) and some great plants there.
Cheers
Gary

Plant Interests
cacti & other succulents, carnivorous plants
IainG
BCSS Member

Post by IainG »

It is indeed a Woodpecker, 10'x6' Bromley on a half-height brick base. Very happy with it and the cold frames we got from them at the same time.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Welcome Iain. Nice plants which look good and very orderly in your beautiful new greenhouse. I notice the clay pots, which I also mainly use. Enjoy your plants.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
purzo
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by purzo »

IainG wrote:It is indeed a Woodpecker, 10'x6' Bromley on a half-height brick base. Very happy with it and the cold frames we got from them at the same time.
Thought I recognised their joinery, I have a Bromley too, had it for about 6 years now and also very happy with it.
Cheers
Gary

Plant Interests
cacti & other succulents, carnivorous plants
KathyM
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by KathyM »

I wish our greenhouse looked like that!