Any members in Edinburgh?

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
DJO
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Any members in Edinburgh?

Post by DJO »

Hi!

Are there any active members in Edinburgh? I know there is no branch, but Glasgow is too far to go, and I wondered if there might be people in Edinburgh interested in (e.g.) swapping seedlings/cuttings?

Regards!

DJO
--
Cacti. Intermittent member since 1993
BrianMc
BCSS Member

Re: Any members in Edinburgh?

Post by BrianMc »

Hi DJO,

As a Glasgow Branch member I have to say you don’t know what you are missing! :lol:

I understand travelling through to meetings every month could be a problem, but I strongly suggest that you make every effort to come over on Saturday 2nd June to see our Annual show at Glasgow botanic garden, amazing plants and great plant sales.

However, if you just want to swap cuttings and seed why are you restricting yourself to Edinburgh? There is so much plant material being posted the length and breadth of the country it’s unreal!
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
DJO
BCSS Member

Re: Any members in Edinburgh?

Post by DJO »

We did come to the show/sale a couple of years ago - but it feels like a long haul by public transport!

If I don't find a home for my spare seedlings here, then I might bring them along for the branch to sell.
--
Cacti. Intermittent member since 1993