Hello from Spain

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
TonyF30389
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello from Spain

Post by TonyF30389 »

Helol

I was a member back in the 1980s but other things got into my life so I dropped out and though I still had succulents - not so keen on cacti - I concentrated on other gardening.

Early retirement saw me move to SW France in 2005 (Dordogne) where we stayed for almost 11 years, moved to Spain in 2015/16, vowing never to have a garden again. Our French Garden was almost 5 acres, some of it protected woodland, great for grasses and fruit, rubbish for succulents, far too cold and wet in the winter.

However, circumstances changed, I started cruising the local garden centres last year, buying pots and plants for my terrasse, had great fun with those.

They - and I - now live with my new partner in a lovely house in the La Manga area of Spain, no frost but blisterinly hot in the summer. A challenging garden but my partner has really got into succulents too, great fun round the garden centres and the 'ceramicas' where, respectively, the plants and pots are so cheap compared with the UK and France.

Would like to contact other members living in Spain or France.
Brian
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Spain

Post by Brian »

:welb: belated welcome. You have the great advantage over those of us in UK because you do not have to huddle your plants into a greenhouse. Some lovely flowering aloes would be my choice .... plus a few hundred others he he :lol: the forum is a great way to share and learn