New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
Geri88
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Post by Geri88 »

Good morning,

And thank you Bill for helping me to sort out my connection to the forum.

I have been interested in plants since I was a child.
My first succulents were a Crassula ovata and a pack of mixed succulent seeds which, to my parents' dismay, grew to a nice size (they must have thought they would never germinate/would all die). Coming home from school (or was it a holiday?) to find out they had been disposed of without warning because they 'took too much space' was a big trauma, but my love for plants never died. In fact, it got worse, but I just stuck to outdoor plants for a while.

I am particularly fond of small plants, from alpines to lithops and other small succulents. I only have a tiny collection at the moment, but since I like propagation, I suspect it will grow. I study horticulture alongside my day job, because I enjoy it, and because who knows?
All things small and not (too) spiny.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: New member

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum Geri88. Nice to hear that you've retained an interest in succulents, despite your unfortunate experience in the past.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Geri88
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Re: New member

Post by Geri88 »

Thank you, Rod.
I look forward to attending a show.
I grow a few miniature Saintpaulia as well, although not succulents as far as this group is concerned, they store water efficiently in their stems and leaves.
All things small and not (too) spiny.