Hello from East London

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
blairbarnette
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello from East London

Post by blairbarnette »

Hello, I realise I didn't introduce myself properly before! My name is Blair Barnette and I was born in California but now I live in East London. I'm an artist and designer in the film business.

I grew up with cactus all around me, and my mother and I would camp in the desert and harvest prickly pears. I've always had plants on the back porch and in the garden, and here in London I have about 20 house cactus of different varieties. I've generally had low maintenance or indiginous plants I've been looking after, but I've recently inherited some difficult very large plants that I need advice on. One has recently become sick and I've described it in another thread, and the other one is so tall and spindly, but it was allowed to grow without support and is now in the shape of an 'S', so I need to try and correct it.

Nice to meet you all!!

Blair
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Hello from East London

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum, Blair. I've seen your other thread but didn'y post as I couldn't offer any further useful info. I hope you sort out your problem plants.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.