Hello from Madrid!

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
LuzNegra
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello from Madrid!

Post by LuzNegra »

My name is Patricia, and I've been growing succulents for many years, but only had a very small collection until recently. My collection of succulents has been expanding, mainly into Haworthias, so I decided to become a member of the Haworthia Society.
One year ago or so, I also got into carnivorous plants, and I grow mainly pinguiculas and drosera.

Hope to learn a lot from you all!

Here is a picture of my small Haworthia collection.
20180720_194159_IMG_20180720_194159.jpg
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello from Madrid!

Post by Keith H »

Hi Patricia, welcome to the forum. You have a fine collection of Harworthias there, mine are all looking a but over grown and in need of thinning out / re potting.
I expect Madrid is a great place to be growing succulents, when I visited Madrid in December I enjoyed walking down the streets planted with fruiting orange trees a huge contrast to the icy London streets I had left only a couple of hours previously.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
LuzNegra
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: Hello from Madrid!

Post by LuzNegra »

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the welcome!
Madrid is indeed fine for succulents most of the year. But in Winter it sometimes gets a little bit too cold at night to leave some of them outside (at least unprotected). Until now my collection was small enough to get them all inside, but this year some of them will have to overwinter outside. We'll see how it turns out.

Best regards,