Hello from Devon

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
conolady
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: EXETER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Hello from Devon

Post by conolady »

Hi there! I've been growing for about fifteen years and am a member if Exeter branch. I'm a member of the Mammillaria Society, Alsterworthia, The Haworthia Society and the MSG. I'm mad about mesembs in particular, especially conos, of which I have an overflowing collection and haworthias. The lithops are rapidly gaining ground, however, and hubby is having to put up a couple of new small greenhouses for the cacti...I'm looking forward to chatting to you all and if I manage to figure out how to add pics so they're not upside down or sideways I'll do so...! I'm not very techie, I'm afraid...
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Hello from Devon

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum, conolady. Don't worry about the photo orientation. We get them all ways on the forum. It seems to be a particular problem with iphones.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
conolady
BCSS Member

Post by conolady »

Thanks so much for the welcome, Rod. Well...here are a few sideways pics. :lol: I'm on an iPad, so maybe that's the issue. No way of turning them round?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Diane »

Oh good - another cono nut! And Haworthias! It doesn't get any better... I think you'll find that Lithops will be just as addictive, so new greenhouses are a must!
The sideways pictures are unfortunately an issue when posting from an iPad, and for this reason I always post from my PC.
Look forward to more posts from you.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
conolady
BCSS Member

Post by conolady »

Thanks, Diane. We have so much in common, fab! Yes, I suspected the laptop would be more 'stable', but I hate using Microsoft with a passion, so only use it when I simply have to. Must get a MacBook...
Roatavator
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Roatavator »

Welcome from another newbie! Looking forward to seeing seeing more Conos, whatever way up they are!
Peter. Lapsed cactus enthusiast, now into Conophytums. Fewer plasters when repotting! MSG member.