Hello from West London

New members, please take the time to introduce yourself and your collection.
WayneM
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Hello from West London

Post by WayneM »

Hello I'm Wayne, I live very near Heathrow Airport.

I've always had a appreciation of succulents and spikies growing them for a number of years , and have learnt alot from my friend ChrisG who has a amazing collection and garden . I also see Chez is a member here , who I know from growing Brugmansias. Two years ago I decided to build a sloping bed to finally have a home for my few Agaves, Yuccas, and succulent plants. It's in its 2nd year and filling out nicely, in fact I just wish I went larger :lol

I'm particularly fond of Echeveria Agavoides, amongst others. and look forward to learning and sharing photos here on the forum.

Roll on springtime!
Wayne
Attachments
med bed w.jpg
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Re: Hello from West London

Post by rodsmith »

Welcome to the forum, Wayne. Looks like you've got an interesting collection in a sunny part of your garden.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Welcome.
Fine display!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

Oh hello Wayne. It is me, I'm the same Chez / Cheryl. How did you know I was the same person?

The brug you kindly gave me is still going well. I have given away lots of cuttings and a plant from it.

Are you planning on growing cold hardy cacti and succulents or tender ones too? I look forward to chatting to you again soon.
conolady
BCSS Member
Branch: EXETER

Post by conolady »

Welcome, welcome!
First it was orchids, then, since c.2001, cacti and succulents. I'm into South African plants, mainly conos, lithops and haworthias, with a few cacti, especially 'posh' mamms, turbs and other smalls. Now it’s stapeliads as well...
WayneM
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by WayneM »

Thanks for the warm welcome, and hello Cheryl once again.

I've had a interest in spikies since seeing them on holidays abroad . I have a thing for anything with a bluish hue, and who wouldn't be gobsmacked by the symmetry of a succulent rosette. I'm not yet gone over to the dark side of cacti, but there's time yet.

Wayne
Chez2
BCSS Member

Post by Chez2 »

We joined to learn more about cold hardy succulents but have been seduced into buying lots of tender succulents and some cacti. Hubby has ordered quite a few cacti seeds and has sown a lot already. Let me know what sort of plants you are looking for and I will send you something if we have anything you may like.
Chez2
BCSS Member

Post by Chez2 »

WayneM wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:27 pm Thanks for the warm welcome, and hello Cheryl once again.

I've had a interest in spikies since seeing them on holidays abroad . I have a thing for anything with a bluish hue, and who wouldn't be gobsmacked by the symmetry of a succulent rosette. I'm not yet gone over to the dark side of cacti, but there's time yet.

Wayne
Hi Wayne, I have received an email notification of a pm from you asking what plants I grow. When I go in to my pms it says there aren't any. I don't think I still have your email address. I didn't want you to think I'm ignoring you.