October 2012-Ariocarpus wild and captive

May 2017 - May Blossom
Ernie
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Re: October 2012-Ariocarpus wild and captive

Post by Ernie »

Last day for submitting photos. I will be judging around midnight tonight because we are looking after grandchildren in the morning and wont have time.
Mark k.D
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Mark k.D »

Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of luck with Ario's flowering this year. But was rewarded by this Fissuratus last week.

Ariocarpus Fissuratus 20/10/12

Ariocarpus Fissuratus 20/10/12
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Some very good photos to choose from. I decided to work on the basis, does the photo clearly show the plant to its best and is the subject matter in focus. Several photo's fit that critera. Tina's flowering fissuratus is a very good example of a well taken photograph that sets the plant off well. Diane's plants are very well photographed and the subject matter in each is clear. There is however one stand out photograph and that is the second one of the fissuratus dated 20/10/12 submited by Mark K.D.

The detail on the plant is exceptionally clear, the flower is in focus, it's a very well grown plant and its a bright pleasing to view photograph.

Mark K.D is the winner of this months photo competition. Very well done. Thank you to all who submitted entries.

BTW could not wait until midnight to publish the result, too tired to wait up any longer sorry.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Ernie wrote:I have asked moderator Phil to judge this months competition. I am sure he will make a very good choice so keep those photos coming.
??

But well done Mark.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

I'm pleased to say that Ernie reconsidered his decision.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
jfabiao
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by jfabiao »

Well done, Mark. (tu)
Z

In sunny Lisbon, Portugal.
The Clumsy Gardener
Mark k.D
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Mark k.D »

Thanks everyone and too Ernie for choosing my picture. It was taken on a Nokia C3, the camera is only 2MP with a very slow shutter speed so am amazed when I do get a clear (non-shaky) picture. The flower opened to its full extent in that picture so snapped it up quickly instead of using my proper camera.
I have an idea for a Copiapoa themed photo thread for November which I'll post next.