MAY 2016 - The oldest plant in my collection.

May 2017 - May Blossom
Sylvia
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: MAY 2016 - The oldest plant in my collection.

Post by Sylvia »

Well this was difficult to judge although not many entries the ones that were entered were interesting plants with nice histories. I am always interested in the old plants I have several in my collection one or two from friends who have passed away, so nice memories. In the end I have chosen Liz M's Echinopsis oxygenated. Congratulations Liz lovely photograph. Over to you now.
Sylvia in Somerset growing cacti and succulents since 1977
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

Any news on a topic for June, Liz?
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Hi Rod and Silvia, I was away on holiday and did not get back until last night. I had absolutely no expectation of winning, which just goes to show how wrong you can be.
Thanks for picking my plant Silvia, it's a fairly craggy one and only flowers occasionally for me but I keep it because of its age.
This next month I think the topic should be 'Pots for Plants'. A pot that complements the plant in it and both look good together.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.