May 2017 - May Blossom
Liz M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

June 2016 Pots for Plants

Post by Liz M »

'Pots for Plants', I'm looking for a pot that makes the plant look even better than if it were in a plain plastic or clay one.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
John Dos
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: June 2016 Pots for Plants

Post by John Dos »

Though I'm pretty sure this is not what you had in mind - the pot is nice but nothing extraordinary - it is not clay nor plastic.

Gibbaeum velutinum white form together with Cymbalaria muralis and Oxalis cf. articulata. Heavy, glazed pot which allows me to have these plants in full sun (and wind).
a pot.jpg
kirstyb
Registered Guest

Post by kirstyb »

Liz M wrote:'Pots for Plants', I'm looking for a pot that makes the plant look even better than if it were in a plain plastic or clay one.

Hello Liz :-)
My partner is a sculptor, and i asked him to make some pots for me. Here are some examples.

07-02-2016 001.jpg
07-02-2016 002.jpg
07-02-2016 004.jpg
07-02-2016 013.jpg
Liz M
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Post by Liz M »

Sadly, not many entries this month. Was the subject too difficult or were we all too busy looking after our plants? I'll give this to John Dos, who can perhaps come up with a subject to inspire everyone.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
John Dos
Registered Guest

Post by John Dos »

Oh - I don't feel like I deserve it. Just wanted to break the ice with that first photograph. There are so many gorgeous pots, pots alone and fantastic combinations with plants; Medusa-like Graptopetalum or Aeonium topping a pot with a face, Lions with spiny mane ... or just perfect hand made pottery.

Well, I'll try.