Home sweet home

Share your collection with the rest of the forum here.
Ernie
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Re: Home sweet home

Post by Ernie »

As promised here is my tour such as it is;
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

A few more
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Last lot
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

ask away if you want to know whats what in there
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Ernie
Wow lovely, how long did it take you to fill it once you decided to start collecting again, some very nice plants in there.
Wots the lumpy on the right corner first picture ?, have your tastes broadened as I notice haworthia, Aloe & an agave ?.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Aiko »

Ernie wrote:ask away if you want to know whats what in there
I seem to spot 0% cacti, am I correct?
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Correct they are all cabbages!
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Tina wrote:Hi Ernie
Wow lovely, how long did it take you to fill it once you decided to start collecting again, some very nice plants in there.
Wots the lumpy on the right corner first picture ?, have your tastes broadened as I notice haworthia, Aloe & an agave ?.
Hi Tina. Some are actually from my previous collections which were at my mothers house in Cumbria but she is now 90 and cannot manage to look after them anymore so they have come back to me. I started the current collection again in 2009.

She has a lot of mature Cacti that were her collection and they may have to go soon as I dont have room for them. Shes got an ancient Melo with a double top!

The one in the centre of the first picture is an old Chyhostemma Seitziana
To the right of that is a Ficus Palmeri Petiolaris that is over 20 years old. Just coming into leaf.

My tastes have not really changed much other than I dont bother with Cacti now.Previously I had a split collection.
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

BTW Theres another 20 in our bedroom and another 15 in the dinning room and shortly a box load will be arriving from Europe. My good lady has threatened to ban me to greenhouse if anymore are kept indoors. :lol:
Lithos
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Lithos »

Thank you for the pictures Ernie, your collection is beautiful and so tidy - I've already started putting a few more plants on the windowsills, and a few in the bath, in the hope I get banished to the greenhouse -thanks for the idea ! :grin: