Ali Baba's greenhouse

Share your collection with the rest of the forum here.
Ross M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Ali Baba's greenhouse

Post by Ross M »

You did thanks Ali. Both germinated. One failed to 'impregnate' it's Euphorbia horrida host whilst the other managed to get through but dropped off after a couple of months. I'm sure I heard a sigh of relief come from the Euphorbia :lol:

Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.

RK
BCSS Member
Branch: LITTLEHAMPTON

Post by RK »

Very nice Ali - I don't know if i'm more jealous of you're fantastic collection of plants, or the actual greenhouse itself! Is it one of those 'Hercules' branded models? It looks spotlessly clean so i'm guessing it's fairly new.

I am currently using a ~40 year old 7x5 made by Halls in my parents garden that leaks like a sieve :lol:

I have my heart set on a 16x8 Hercules eventually, but i'm saving for a place of my own that actually has a garden to put it in first!
Richard - Growing mostly cacti and a few succulents in West Sussex.
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DERBY

Post by Ali Baba »

Hi RK thanks!
it's a Rhino, and is about 2 years old. We moved house so a new greenhouse seemed to be in order. :lol: My previous one was an Alton cedar wood job, which is now a quarantine house plus a test bed for hardiness with any spare seedlings.
My garden is very exposed and windy so I wanted something that would stand up to the weather, which it certainly has. Also has toughened glass as I have small kids who like to play cricket! :grin: It doesnt leak at all, I am glad to say.