Windowsill collection expands...

Share your collection with the rest of the forum here.
dalesmatt
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Windowsill collection expands...

Post by dalesmatt »

A few nice flowers in the greenhose today. [Many plants are late starters due to the failure of last autumns plan to consider establishment of electric heating meaning delaying watering a long time] Reasonable sunshine this morning gave way to thin grey cloud around 2pm and intermittent showers still going on now.
Attachments
Neoporteria Chilensis v Albiflora
Neoporteria Chilensis v Albiflora
Matt
Joined online :) Member number 49972. Bradford Branch.
Interests include South American cacti and spiny Euphorbias
dalesmatt
BCSS Member

Post by dalesmatt »

Also in flower
Attachments
Rebutia
Rebutia
P1060830sml.jpg (54.27 KiB) Viewed 8967 times
Turbinicarpus Rioverdensis
Turbinicarpus Rioverdensis
P1060823sml.jpg (34.76 KiB) Viewed 8967 times
Turbinicarpus sp
Turbinicarpus sp
P1060825sml.jpg (31.49 KiB) Viewed 8967 times
Matt
dalesmatt
BCSS Member

Post by dalesmatt »

Rebutia Heliosa flowered on the back windowsill over the weekend, its a tiny plant, probably first time its flowered! Looks like some nice growth coming on a few of the Euphorbias, Lophophora Williamsii and another Turbinicarpus flowering as well, with promising buds on Neoporteria Hankeana [or whatever its called this week]. I'll try and take some photos tomorrow :)

Many thanks owed to David Kirkbright for meeting me and exchanging some books I'd asked about, the last three Euphorbia Journals to complete my set. My journey started at 05.45 am by car to Shipley station, then train via Leeds and Manchester to Milton Keynes. That was nice and straightforward. After that things went a little weird. The Virgin train from MK was a few mins late, a harbringer of doom for later on. The chap at Euston was very helpful sorting my tickets out to see Sachi and gave me some train times.
In London it was pouring down, my usual haunt of bookshops around Leicester Square, Tottenham Court Road and Cecil Court was rubbish, quite dissapointing in fact.
Getting to Sachi was a little more fraught - the woman at the barrier at Victoria told me I was in the wrong half of the station for trains to Edenbridge. [platforms 1-8 and 9 above are in seperate parts] Following her advice I went and waited for 15 mins for the platform indicators to show where to go. Eventually I asked another Southern employee who said I was in the wrong half of the station....hang on! Basil Fawlty the new stationmaster perhaps? No, just duff info so I missed my train.
Sachi kindly picked me up from Edenbridge [which has 2 stations] and I spent a pleasant hour or more taking about cacti books and viewing his Euphorbias and his garden, and the new tidy greenhouse! [already full!] After I picked up the plants and we carefully packed them he ferried me back to the station. Then the gen from the "nice" chap at Euston went wrong. Perhaps it was for the 'other' Edenbridge station? So I had to wait 30 mins in the drizzle for another train that meant I missed my train at Kings Cross! No problem, as I planned it so I knew there was a couple more trains. With 10 mins to spare I made the 20.05 KX to Leeds! Phew.
Well, until someone was struck by a train at Rossington Crossing near Newark. Another 90 plus minutes delay while the police and the railway staf dealt very well with the tragic incident. [suspected suicide]. So, arrived at Leeds 0100am missed the last train to Shipley. 20 mins wait till taxis sorted. Finally arrived home 02.15am!
:grin:
Matt
dalesmatt
BCSS Member

Post by dalesmatt »

Neoporteria flower on the front windowsill, lacking a label I can now have a look on here and online to try and ID it ;)
Attachments
neoflower1.jpg
Matt
dalesmatt
BCSS Member

Post by dalesmatt »

One of my favourite Euphorbia's at the moment ;) Tiny flowers starting to come at last.
[photo taken at the branch show]
Attachments
Euphorbia Meloformis male form with persistent flower remains
Euphorbia Meloformis male form with persistent flower remains
euphorbshowhc.jpg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 8887 times
Matt
McFarland
BCSS Member

Post by McFarland »

What a beast! I remember you telling me about this but words just can't describe :shock:
DragonFish66
BCSS Member
Branch: BARROW & District

Post by DragonFish66 »

dalesmatt wrote:Neoporteria flower on the front windowsill, lacking a label I can now have a look on here and online to try and ID it ;)
It looks like one i sold on ebay a few weeks ago Neoporteria paucicostata (purple form)
dalesmatt
BCSS Member

Post by dalesmatt »

Not an ebay find, but thanks. I have a grey form of Paucicostata already, and its nice to have this with a much darker body - I acknowlege how variable this sp can be! The body of this one with the pink flower is actually on close inspection mostly a darker wine red colour, purple-ish like you say, but when you look at the newer growth and the ribs near the top of the plant there is dark green. The newer spines are very black, fading to darker grey with age. I do like these :)

Yes Sachi, thats the plant I was telling you about with the old flower growth! (tu)
Matt
DragonFish66
BCSS Member

Post by DragonFish66 »

sounds the same i think i still have a pic of it il put it up if i find it
DragonFish66
BCSS Member

Post by DragonFish66 »