Keith H's Greenhouse on tour.

Share your collection with the rest of the forum here.
Liz M
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Trustee

Re: Keith H's Greenhouse on tour.

Post by Liz M »

You have done a very good job there and are now getting the reward of flowers for the improvements you have made to the plants. It's always good to have a success story, even though there have been losses, everyone gets those.
Obsessive Crassulaceae lover, especially Aeoniums but also grow, Aloes, Agaves, Haworthias and a select number of Cacti.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

HI
Looking very good, it's always amazing how quickly they fill up.
I like the Thelocactus peeking in the last photo, can you do a photo of that one please. It looks a nice form
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Keith H »

Tina wrote:HI
Looking very good, it's always amazing how quickly they fill up.
I like the Thelocactus peeking in the last photo, can you do a photo of that one please. It looks a nice form
There you go Tina, it is one of my original plants but I cannot remember if it was acquired as a single plant which has divided over the last thirty years or perhaps it was three seedlings that were too close to separate. The latter is more probable, I can only imagine it came from one of the Hull branch NCSS table sales or auction, one thing I am sure of is that they will be staying together.
Thelocactus hexaedrophorus
Thelocactus hexaedrophorus
THexaedrophorus.jpg (182.63 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
I had been waiting for some of the flowers to open but it is looking like only one of the five buds will make it.
Thelocactus hexaedrophorus flower buds
Thelocactus hexaedrophorus flower buds
THexaedrophorusBuds.jpg (185.95 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Hi Keith
Yes a lovely plant, I like this group of thelo's.
I'm often surprised by how much water they will take, at least they don't split if I overwater them.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Keith H »

As I suspected the Thelocactus only opened on of the flowers and I missed it, so when I got home tis lunch time and Gymnocalycium horstii had opened it's first flower I had to make a record of it.
Gymnocalycium_Horstii.jpg
Gymnocalycium horstii 2
Gymnocalycium horstii 2
It did not flower last year but looks like it will be making up for a lost season. This one is another of my original plants so must be at least thirty five years old, to give an idea of size it is in a 150mm half pot.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554