Well that's that one repotted for another 30 years.

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
IanW
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Well that's that one repotted for another 30 years.

Post by IanW »

Yes Ross it is ;)

I think you're possibly right about the dryness Len, as some have barely grown at all this year, possibly due to that but that said, whenever i dig the gravel up it's always wet beneath only a few inches down a few days after watering so it doesn't seem to drain out straight away. Despite some not particularly growing well this year though, others have so it certainly doesn't seem a major issue, I was going to see how the troublesome ones do next year when they haven't got the "just settling in" excuse ;)

The P. Pringlei at the back in the second pic, both C. Strausii, the small T. Bridgesii and both M. Geometrizans as well as the two long-spined T. Pachanoi have put on good growth this year. The ones that haven't are the short spined T. Pachanoi, the two T. Chilensis, the two T. Spachianus. Most the others haven't been in there long enough to judge just yet but are looking okay so far, certainly the tallest one there, the Stenocereus (can't remember off by heart what it's full type is) is putting on some fresh growth even now.
BrianMc
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by BrianMc »

IanW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes Ross it is ;)
>
> I think you're possibly right about the dryness
> Len

Well dryness is good! You can always add more water - It's not that easy taking it away ;)

Brian
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse
Ross M
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Ross M »

I thought it looked like mine Ian - http://www.bcss.org.uk/forum/read.php?1,106485
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.